NEAT Fair is held at the Peaceful Valley Campsite buried deep in the Catskills of New York. The flight line includes separate heli and park flyer areas, as well as six center stations for the main event. We take a look at a wide verity of electric flying as well as covering the latest in electric R/C products at the fair.
Featured highlights include:
- Adam Woodworth’s ingenious VTOL McDonnell Douglas AV-8B Harrier II that combines a quadcopter system for vertical flight and two pusher propellors for forward flight.
- Alan Mostek’s ESM Dornier Do 335 'Pfeil' powered by a pair of Rimfire 120 motors driving propellers at the nose and tail, a unique feature of the full-size WWII Luftwaffe fighter.
- Dan Landis flies two aircraft - the new 68 inch span Sequence 120 F3A pattern ship and a nicely weathered 88 inch span Top Flite Mitsubishi A6M Zero.
- Michael Warren flies his Snoopy Dog House powered by Hacker A40 motor.
- David Baron burns up the skies with the new EDF Super Viper Jet fitted with a 120mm 12blade fan unit.
- Pete Foss flies his ultra-micro Bat Wing constructed from 3mm Depron with motor and RC gear cannibalised from other RTF models.
- Michael Fusco demos his big 107 inch span ECOMRC scale model of the classic Cessna 195 'Businessliner'.
- Wayne Roberts shows us his extremely rugged Tough Jets fun-scale T-15.
- Gary Wright performs stunning 3D electric heli manoeuvers with the new Thunder Tiger Raptor E700.